Yes, this edition of the Meltdown is a bit late. Thank some technical problems with the website’s platform for that one. But, I do believe we’re back on track now. In addition, I’m working to learn MixCloud so I can start getting shows up there as well to expand our reach!
On this week’s edition of The Meltdown, we had a great mix of requests, our cover comparison, and lots of new tunes. We also discussed former Dukes of Hazzard star and country artist John Schneider being jailed for a few days for past-due alimony and play a couple of his better-known songs.
In addition, as most of us were attending the Flogging Molly/Dropkick Murphys show the following night, I gave the audience some tunes to psyche us up for the show, and turned everyone onto a couple of Dave King’s former bands from before he became the frontman for Flogging Molly. We also get a bit topical on the show by discussing some news stories of the day. Enjoy!
You can hear the show live most Tuesday nights at 8:00 PM Eastern on XTFM.
- Metallica, Creeping Death
- Volbeat, Fallen
- Slayer, Angel Of Death
- Tom Lehrer, Poisoning Pigeons In The Park [Request]
- Anthrax, Antisocial [Request]
- Rainbow, Man On The Silver Mountain [Request]
- Alter Bridge, Addicted To Pain [Request]
- Soundgarden, Mailman [Request]
- Aerosmith, Dream on [Cover Comparison; Original]
- Blacktop Mojo, Dream On [Cover Comparison; Cover]
- Fastway, Say What You Will
- Katmandu, When the Rain Comes
- Flogging Molly, Devil’s Dance Floor
- Dropkick Murphys, Prisoner’s Song
- Waylon Jennings, Good Ol’ Boys (From ‘the Dukes of Hazzard’)
- John Schneider, I’ve Been Around Enough To Know
- John Schneider, Country Girls
- Stabbing Westward, Shame [Request]
- Cat Stevens, Moonshadow [Request]
- Stevie Wonder Ft. Ariana Grande, Faith [Request]
- Train, Calling All Angels [Request]
- Dierks Bentley, The Mountain
- Dierks Bentley, Nothing On But the Stars
- Sugarland, Bigger
- Sugarland, Love Me Like I’m Leaving
- Guns N’ Roses, Welcome to the Jungle (1986 Sound City Session)
- Ted Nugent, Stranglehold